You can type Chinese on a tablet, smartphone, or PC without installing a Chinese Input Method Editor(IME)! It is fast and runs on all the modern web browsers. No additional software or browser plug-ins need to be installed.
As shown in
of this online Chinese input system, it consists of 3 boxes: the Pinyin input box, the Chinese text box, and the candidate character and word box. To type Chinese,
- Enter fuzzy Pinyin (Pinyin without tones) into the Pinyin input box. For examples, hao and nihao. Use v for ü , e.g. lv
- When typing words with two or more characters, you can just type the first letter of each syllable. For example, ggqc for 公共汽车, daxs for 大学生, and gxing for 高兴 New.
- Press the corresponding number key, or click the Chinese character or word, to select the character or word from the candidate box
- Press the spacebar to select the first character or word in the candidate box
- Press Right Arrow or Down Arrow key to show the next page of candidates
- Press Left Arrow or Up Arrow key to show the previous page of candidates
- Letters (a to z) and numbers (0 to 9) are used to enter Pinyin and select the candidate character or word. All other
ASCII characters are automatically inserted into the Chinese text box
- Press Ctrl to toggle the input cursor to the Chinese text box so you can enter numbers and letters into the Chinese text or
edit the Chinese text. For example, selectively deleting some Chinese text, adding white spaces or line breaks.
- Press the Alt + Shift keys to show and select a Chinese punctuation mark New.
- On tablets or smartphones, tap the Pinyin input box or Chinese text box to switch back and forth
- If you press backspace key and there are no more Pinyin letters in the Pinyin input box to delete, the last character in the Chinese text box will be deleted instead.
The candidate character and word entries are from the Arch Chinese Chinese-English dictionary
The Generate Vocab List
button allows you to create a new vocab list from the Chinese text and save it to the server for future use.
You can also click the Copy to Clipboard
button to copy the Chinese text and paste it into other pages or applications.